3.30 We will load up the bikes, bags, supplies and cyclists [Mini buses, panel van and bike trailer]
Cars will be left in the car park at no charge. We travel together to Ilfracombe Hostel. [3 hours]
At Ilfracombe, we will unpack into rooms and get a takeaway of your choice to eat at the Hostel. Bikes will be secure in a locked cellar store. There will be a final briefing before we retire to rooms.
6.00 am. Breakfast is served. We look to leave at 7.00am. We cycle consistently through the day with six stops including a longer break for lunch. [Food and drink provided at every stop]
5.30’ish pm. Complete cycle at Plymouth Hoe/ Photo time/ / Grab some food at the Hoe/ Back to mini bus for return
9.00-10.00 pm Expected return time.
ESSENTIAL ITEMS TO BRING:
- Fully functioning bicycle. [Brakes working, Tyres fully inflated, Gears checked]. Be prepared. Don`t check tyres the night before! [Bring a Spare inner tube]
- Bicycle to be Touring, Hybrid or preferably Racing bike
- Cycle shorts
- Training shoes/ Cycle shoes
- Waterproof Jacket. [Bright colour advisable]
- Water bottle on bike
- Cycle Leggings. Tracksuit, running leggings. Not Jeans
- Sunglasses for eye protection
- Clear glass for dull light. [Protects eyes from insects]
- Cycle helmet
- Lights [Advisable. For a dull day on the road sections]
- Money for takeaway food on Friday night.
- Money for Motorway stop on Sat Evening
- Warm fleece top
- Small rucksack / pannier / Bike bag [There will be mini bus support with suitcases]
- Personal medication as required / Suncream
- Gloves [ Gel cycle gloves recommended]
- Plastic bags [To be worn over socks to keep feet dry if cold and wet] See forecast.
- Casual clothing after cycle is completed. [What you arrived in!]
Medical Issues. You must have completed the required medical form and be in a fit state to participate.
Safety. The group will cycle together the whole route. The group leader and back marker will have mobile phones, first aid kit and repair kits. A vehicle will be available to pick up anyone who experiences difficulties. The cycle is almost all on smooth paths or on old tarmac railway line. When cycling on roads we will cycle as escorted groups.
Thank-you for supporting this event.